Today -- December 2nd, 2011 -- is the 23rd birthday of Too Much Light Makes The Baby Go Blind (and thereby the de facto birthday of The Neo-Futurists Theater Company as well). In dog years, we're 161 years old!
As is tradition, every December we bring you two solid weeks of Anniversary "Best Of The Year" shows, featuring a massive cast of Neo-Futurists performing their favorite short works from the previous 48 weekends.
The cast this week includes: Mary, Tif, Greg, Jay, Bilal, Brenda, Trevor, Chloe, Megan, Kurt, Jessica, and Lisa, with these 30 plays...
- Good Jobs (Megan Mercier)
- FAT MICKEY (Megan Mercier)
- "The deadliest tornado to sweep across this country in the last 56 years." (Megan Mercier)
- You treat it like a circus, I'll treat you like a clown. (Tif Harrison)
- I still dream about it, and so does my Dad. (Tif Harrison)
- GRECO-RAMEN (Bilal Dardai)
- Tiger - Snake - Monkey - Crane - Mantis - Yvonne (Bilal Dardai)
- In the lonely grove of those left hanging... (Bilal Dardai)
- Fiction (Brenda Arellano)
- Sandwich, Dance, Banana (Brenda Arellano)
- Neo-Futurist Existential Crisis Cheer Squad (Mary Fons)
- Period Drama (Mary Fons)
- , or: It just doesn't feel as good as I thought it would (Mary Fons)
- Flights of Fancy (Greg Allen)
- His Room Is Quiet Now (Greg Allen)
- Over Your Head (Greg Allen)
- Now in 3-D (Jay Torrence)
- 30-Second Porn Title Beauty Pageant (Jay Torrence)
- Zen and the Art of Brain Care (Dr. Chloe Johnston)
- Unspills (Dr. Chloe Johnston)
- Our Relative Experiences of Cemeteries (Kurt Chiang)
- If I had a nickel for every umbrella you've lost (Kurt Chiang)
- Awry at Applebees, Starring Kurt Chiang as the Toddler (Lisa Buscani)
- Multi-Strategy Utilitarianism (Lisa Buscani)
- Excuse Me Your Pride is Showing (Jessica Anne)
- Farm Fresh and Asking for More (Jessica Anne)
- Sad Standup (Trevor Dawkins)
- It Looks Good on Paper but Paper Can Tear (Trevor Dawkins)
Other reminders! If you haven't seen Burning Bluebeard yet, you are missing out on one of the most highly recommended shows of the holiday season.
★★★★ - Time Out Chicago
"…the hottest show in town" - Chicago Stage Style
And tickets are now on sale for our high-flying New Year's Eve show! If the Mayans were right, this could be the last one we ever do, so you probably shouldn't miss out on buying your tickets.